Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board system.
Provide support to children and adults with disabilities in an inclusive recreation setting within the
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with recreation programming for people of all ages and create a positive, safe and nurturing
environment for all, focusing on people with disabilities.
• Provide support for a person with a disability and others in recreation programs.
• Obtain information from the Park and Recreation staff to ensure maximum involvement.
• Communicate with participant, parents, and guardians as necessary to ensure participants’ safety and
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least six months experience working with individuals with disabilities.
• Group leadership experience.
• Working toward or completion of post‐secondary degree with two (2) courses in child development or closely
related field (i.e. recreation, youth studies, elementary education) or equivalent experience.
Background investigation required:
A criminal background check is necessary for positions with this job title. Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, the applicant will be asked to sign an informed consent allowing the Minneapolis Park and
Recreation Board to obtain his/her criminal history information in connection with the position sought. An
applicant who does not sign the informed consent will not be considered further for the position.
Compensation: $15.00-$17.00/hour based on experience and qualifications.
• Part-time position 15-25 hours per week, up to 40 in the summer.
• Typically varied, Monday through Friday.
• Typical program hours 7:00am-9:30am or 2:00pm-6:00pm; will vary.
• Some weekend and evening hours may be required.
• Work will be at various parks throughout the Minneapolis Park system.
• Specific hours determined by the hiring manager.
Apply by submitting the following materials:
• Completed application. https://www.minneapolisparks.org/jobs/temporary_jobs/
• A resume only is not considered an employment application; however you may submit a resume in additio
to the completed employment application.
Open until filled.
Direct questions and application materials to:
Sarah Thorsen, Therapeutic Recreation and Inclusion Coordinator
2117 West River Rd. N. Minneapolis, MN 55411