By: Danny Pettry, M.Ed., LPC, NCC, CTRS-BHS
Covid-19 affected social events.
People are (socially distancing) to prevent spread of Covid-19.
There doesn’t appear to be an end in sight to solving the Covid-19 crisis.
I enjoy attending conferences.
I’ve really missed attending these events, learning and growing, presenting trainings, networking, and traveling.
Here are two that I wasn’t able to provide this year:
· Teen Success Workshop — Rescheduling of this event is pending.
· Rec Therapy Today Live Annual Workshop — I substituted by providing a Spring 2020 Teleconference.
Here is a list of conferences that I’ve missed in 2020 that I planned on attending and/ or presenting:
· Local state recreational therapy association conferences.
· West Virginia Counseling Association annual conference
· West Virginia Book Fair – I set up booth for my children’s books.
· Tri-state comic con – okay – I admit that I’m a comic book geek.
· American Therapeutic Recreation Association’s LIVE annual conference.
Other social events that I missed this year:
· Live Concerts
· Movies at the movie theater
Society will just have to adapt and change for a while.
· Professional conferences are being replaced with teleconferences.
· People are using amazon to order online opposed to shopping in large outlet stores.
· Movies are being streamed from home through Netflix, Disney, Hulu, Amazon Prime.
==> Click here to get FREE CEU Courses <==