My good friend Molly Wisniewski (Upside to Aging) is doing several interesting things.
- The #ShareYourStory Project
- A newly released book: Caregiving Both Ways
- She has her web-site, the Upside to Aging online.
We are launching a new series #ShareYourStory that will run November through January. The series shares the stories of family caregivers of older adults, and is aimed to provide a bit of extra support during the holidays. If you think this is something you would be interested in sharing I could send you a brief write-up we’ve shared across our channels.
Caregiving Both Ways: A Guide to Caring For a Loved One with Dementia (and Yourself!) is available.
In Caregiving Both Ways, you’ll find worksheets, exercises, and essential tips for smart, empathetic caregiving.
You’ll learn how to:
- Handle difficult medical decisions
- Use non-medical interventions to reduce anxiety
- Identify triggers that may cause confusion in your loved one
- Prioritize and make time for your own care and mental health
- Provide support and validation through all stages of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia