I’m currently in wonderful, Chapel Hill, North Carolina for the 30th annual North Carolina Recreational Therapy Association (NCRTA) conference.
My site, Rec Therapy Today is a sponsor for the the 2018 NCRTA conference!
Here is my current lineup of sessions that I’ll be attending.
I’ll be posting reviews and evaluations my blog over the next few days.
Monday October 15, 2018
- 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. North Carolina Board of Recreational Therapy Licensure (has traveled far this year, come to hear the changes with my good friend and fellow native West Virginian, Becky Garrett.
- 9:45 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. I’ll be presenting Evidenced based outcomes for self-expression in recreational therapy.
- Lunch Time
- 1245 p.m. until 2:45 p.m. Keynote Session: Recreational Therapy: health and well being on patient outcomes and ways of improvement with Jessica Hauser.
- 2:45 p.m. until 4:15 p.m. Pediatric assessment with Judy Kinney
- 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. NCRTA Social
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. promoting yourself as recreational therapists for jobs not labeled RT/ TR: Thinking outside the box with Donica Conseen
- 9:45 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. Reading is for everyone with Gina Powell
- 12:45 Keynote session: Pearls of Wisdom 30 years later with Julie Bradwell
- 2:30 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. Trauma Focused Recreational Therapy for Children and Adolescents (by your friend, Danny Pettry)
And then I’m headed back to good ol’ West Virginia.