- Recreational Therapy assists juveniles in detention. One study shows that those who participated in wilderness therapy were less likely to commit a crime. White water rafting could give teens the thrill of a joy ride without stealing a car. Read about it here: https://jjie.org/2018/08/06/recreational-therapy-is-lifesaver-for-kids-in-juvenile-detention/
- Theater Camp offers opportunity for kids and adults with various abilities to get on stage and perform: https://www.ketv.com/article/munroe-meyer-institute-offers-recreational-therapy-theater-camp-for-children/22703039
- Free recreational therapy program in Ottawa offers opportunities for socialization: http://www.mywebtimes.com/2018/08/06/free-behavioral-health-program-offered-in-ottawa/adfnv6c/
- Island Dolphin Care uses dolphins as assisted animals. Check out this amazing program: http://news.semo.edu/southeast-student-makes-a-splash-at-island-dolphin-care-in-key-largo/
- Art therapy for Alzhemier’s provides opportunity for self-expression and physical exercise — read about it here: http://www.courant.com/community/middletown/hc-news-middletown-alzheimers-mural-20180807-story.html
- Therapeutic Recreation summer camp for kids with special needs: http://www.progress-index.com/news/20180806/colonial-heights-to-host-first-therapeutic-recreation-summer-camp
- Recreational therapy and counseling for victims of shooting in Santa Fe to promote healing and resilience. Read about it here: https://www.click2houston.com/news/new-santa-fe-resiliency-center-provides-help-to-victims-of-shooting-tragedy
Never miss an issue!
Sign-up for our email newsletter — at our home page.