Position: Rehabilitation Therapist
Salary: Varies on Education and Experience Level
Duties: • Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Coordinates and provides rehabilitation treatment services for assigned members served, including leading and co-leading therapeutic groups, developing therapeutic activities and writing group descriptions, and scheduling therapeutic activities in collaboration with members served when possible
• Coordinates outings for members served and supervises them on outings; may require driving van on outings
• Coordinates special events
• Facilitates community meetings and groups
• Provides clinical supervision for Rehabilitation Activity Leaders, interns, and volunteers, as directed
• Participates in the planning of the Rehabilitation Program
• Participates in the development of Recovery Plans
• Completes assigned sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS), annual comprehensive assessments, and assessments that accompany changes of condition
• Documents observations and assessments, as required
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Requirements: • B.S./B.A. in Occupational, Recreational, Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy, or Vocational Counseling (Must meet any regulatory requirements for the use of these titles, specific to the program type or location)
• Six (6) months of experience in behavioral health setting
• Discipline certification or licensure may be required per program licensure or accrediting body requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• MA/MS in Occupational, Recreational, Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy or Vocational Counseling
Additional info: This job is located at an inpatient psych facility in Oakland, CA.
If someone is interested in learning more about the job they can contact either me or Sandy Schniewind. If interested in applying, they can contact Sandy directly.