Position: Recreation Therapist
Salary: Starting at $21/hour
Duties: Join a team that works to change the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people’s lives every day.
Easterseals Crossroads has a proven track record of serving families for over 80 years! Join us in providing the highest quality of care through an organization that has an unfailing commitment to those we serve.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Complete annual assessments to determine client needs through observations, medical records, and talking with other healthcare professionals, client family, and client.
2. Be an active member of the interdisciplinary team.
3. Schedule and implement treatment plans and engage clients in therapeutic activities.
4. Document clients’ progress toward all goals.
5. Evaluate interventions for effectiveness.
6. Evaluate client’s progress at least quarterly and complete a quarterly report. Quarterly report will be distributed to client, family, and inter-disciplinary team members.
7. Update treatment plan goals/objectives as needed.
8. Maintain open communication with families/caregivers.
9. Review and be familiar with client specific waiver documents/contact with case managers.
10. Record and maintain accurate mileage logs and submit to accounting.
11. Keep receipts from client outings and submit to accounting for reimbursement.
12. Ensure compliance of program operations and documentation with organizational policies and procedures, Medicaid Waiver Guidelines, CARF standards and other funding sources as required.
13. Monitor staff productivity percentages monthly.
Must possess and maintain current CTRS credentials through NCTRC.
Have a valid driving license with good driving record and the ability to transport self and consumer in the community.
Have current CPR and CPI certification, preferred.
Have at least 1 year experience working with individuals with disabilities.
Work well with minimal supervision.
Possess a working knowledge of Medicaid Waivers, preferred.
Additional info: This position works with children, teens, and adults in a variety of home and community settings. Hours vary dependent on clients’ needs and case load. Hours may consist of week days, evenings, and/or weekends. No holidays. Serving consumers in Marion and surrounding counties. Immediate part-time openings with potential to grow case loads to full-time.