I got to give a shout-out to Black Bear Lodge!
Just read the summary of their program that was posted by The Fix, (2017, Aug. 26).
“Back Bear Lodge has individualized treatments that combine both evidence-based and holistic practices to ensure a wide range of options for clients’ recoveries. The treatment program is ideal for those who prefer a rehab that stresses daily recreational therapy over conventional talk therapies.”
Danny Pettry comments: Of course, I think many recreational therapies are “talk-based therapies.” This “talk” part takes place during the processing of an activity. The recreation therapist may ask group members:
- What did you learn about yourself from this activity?
- What did you learn about others from this activity?
- What are the health benefits for participating in this activity?
- What new skills did you develop from this activity?
- How might these skills help you in another aspect of your life?
Read the full article here: