Danny Pettry is a Certified Success Principles Trainer through Jack Canfield’s organization.
First, we have to define success and here is the best definition I’ve ever been able to find: “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.” A success is the school teacher who is teaching because that’s what he or she wants to do. Earl Nightingale
Nightingale’s definition of Success is goal oriented.
First a person determines what they want to have, do, or be.
Second, the person takes action and reaches their ideal goal.
You’re a success already. You decided you wanted to become a Recreational Therapist or to earn the Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) credential. You set out to earn that and you’re living your goal.
However, you can continue to set goals (in other areas besides career ambitions) and take action towards achieving them.
Week # 3 Video Training:
Jack Canfield outlines seven (7) areas for goals to keep balance.
These areas include:
- Financial Goals
- Personal Growth
- Relationship Goals
- Making a Difference
- Free Time/Family Time
- Career/Business Goals
- Health/Appearance Goals
Goals should be specific and measurable:
Here are some examples of measurable goals in the seven (7) areas listed above:
- Financial: Have $10,000 in savings before midnight 12-31-2020
- Persona: Be able to play an Elton John song on the piano before midnight 12-31-2020
- Relationship: Be in a relationship with a significant other who is kind, caring and creative before midnight 12-31-2020
- Making a difference: Volunteer at least 40 hours helping at the homeless shelter before midnight 12-31-2020
- Family time: Spend one week (away from work distractions) with family in Dayton Beach, Fl before midnight 9-31-202
- Career: Earn a specialty certification in my focus area of practice before midnight 12-31-2020
- Health Lose 20 lbs to reach my BDI goal before midnight 12-31-2020
Note — these are examples. They are NOT my personal goals for 2020.
FREE [1 page PDF] success worksheet
It consists of a person identifying what they want to have, do, or be in life.
You can print this page for personal use. You can also print it and use this document for educational group purposes (non-commercial uses) only.Download one-page [PDF] Worksheet
Do you need Rec Therapy CEUs?
Our innovative and inspirational courses are for recreational therapists who love learning.
Benefits: Earn CEUs to renew your CTRS rectification form the comfort of your own home or office.Click here to view our Self-Study CEU Library
Participate in our weekly book club on success — get this book: