Attention Rec Therapist —
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Training for Recreational Therapists and Allied Professionals
This one-day workshop will be held at River Park Hospital in Huntington, West Virginia on Friday, February 8, 2019 from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
You’ll earn five (5) clock hours of continuing education for attending and participating in this training. Session have been submitted to NCTRC by Rec Therapy Today and are pending pre-approval status.
The price for this one-day workshop is only $25. You’ll get a free pizza party too!
These sessions are taught by professionals who’ve had training and experience in DBT
- Borderline Personality and the Skills — presented by: Lugene Saunders, M.A., LPC
- Validation Therapy for people with behavioral health needs — presented by Melissa Wolfe, M.A., LPC
- Teaching Interpersonal effectiveness skills for people with behavioral health needs — presented by: Danny Pettry, M.Ed., LPC, NCC, CTRS-BHS
- Teaching Emotion Regulation skills to people with behavioral health needs — presented by: Danny Pettry, M.Ed., LPC, NCC, CTRS-BHS
- Mindfulness as a treatment for people with behavioral health needs — presented by Christian Adams, Med Student with Advanced Training in Mindfulnss
Notice: DBT was created by Marsha Linehan as a treatment approach for people who have Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). DBT has been effective in helping people with various other mental and behavioral health needs. This one day workshop provides a brief overview of DBT, however, it would be impossible to cover all of the research and information developed by Marsha Linehan.
Recreational therapists can implement several aspects of DBT to help patients.
Attend this training and learn more!Click here to download program and registration